The Manoir Harwood CHSLD is a private long-term care facility located in Vaudreuil-Dorion. We also run the CHSLD Soulanges, located in Coteau-du-Lac.
Our family business has been in operation for some 33 years thanks to our committed personnel. Our business is based on human and family values and the decisions and actions we take are always guided by the interests and desires of our residents in collaboration with their loved ones. Our mission is to offer residents a quality living environment, adapted to their constantly evolving needs.
Manoir Harwood is in the midst of full expansion and this fall we will be opening a new building with over 100 additional beds! We are looking for new talent. Be part of the adventure and submit an application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advantages of working for us:
- Flexible hours depending on position
- Low cost employee meals
- Free parking
- Referral bonus
- Social club
- Employee assistance program EAP
- In-house hair salon
- Vacation: 3 weeks after one year and 4 weeks after two
- Gym: 50% employer paid
- Discount on IRIS glasses
- Continuing education program
The person hired for this position will carry out maintenance work on the building in accordance with the facility’s standards for cleanliness, health and safety.
- Diagnose a system failure (lighting, heating, sanitation);
- Monitor electrical system;
- Repair or replace handles, panes, guide rails, … on doors, windows, …;
- Check and maintain septic, central heating and hot water systems;
- Apply a range of paints, varnishes, sealants or lacquers;
- Maintain exterior space;
- Monitor inventory;
- Identify supply needs;
- Prepare orders.
Needed skills and competencies:
- General knowledge of electricity, plumbing and carpentry;
- Skilled at repair work and odd jobs; plastering, painting, applying sealant, etc.;
- Knowledge of safety regulations;
- Ability to work standing for extended periods;
- Work with autonomy and initiative;
- Be familiar with maintenance equipment;
- Take an interest in seniors;
- Tolerant to stress;
- Good communication and team work skills;
- Carry out a variety of tasks connected to the department.
Type of employment: Full time / Part time|days, evenings and weekends
Salary: as per collective agreement (Pay scale similar to the public sector)
***BANK OF CANDIDATES: We would like to meet with you if you are looking for work for the fall of 2022. There are several positions to fill for the opening of our new facility!